This Week in Livable Streets Events
Get to know your fellow livable streets enthusiasts at multiple mingling events this week, and work off the Thanksgiving feast with a smooth road ride. Here are the week’s highlights:
- Tuesday: SFBC Volunteer Phone Banking. No cold calling, just simple reminders to lapsed SFBC members that their membership is expired. Come share in the fun. 5-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: NOPA Holiday Bike, Meet & Mingle. Bike-the-Holiday Celebration for NOPA cyclists and friends. Sponsored by SFBC, BIKE NOPA, and NOPNA neighborhood association. 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Bicycle Advisory Committee Meeting. Speak your mind about bicycle issues in San Francisco. This eleven member committee meets once a month and advises the Board of Supervisors on all matters bicycle. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: Velo Wonderland: Bike and Art Party. Join the East Bay Bicycle Coalition to celebrate with fellow cyclists and bicycle supporters. The party takes place the same night as Oakland’s First Fridays art walk, Art Murmur, and will have bicycle-themed and recycled art curated by local artist Margo Rivera-Weiss. DJ Olga T will be spinning music all night long. 6-10 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Monthly Good Roads Ride – Smooth Ride edition. The ride will take a look at some of the freshest pavement all over the City – with many spots the result of volunteer efforts and SFBC advocacy. 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Saturday: Free Urban Cycling Workshop: Intro to Safe Cycling (Day 1). This in-classroom, introductory course is designed for new cyclists and those who want to feel more comfortable riding on city streets. Learn tips for the safest ways to ride in traffic, techniques to avoid or deal with road hazards, emergency maneuvers, and more. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.
[admin] cats: Livable Streets Events