This Week in Livable Streets Events
Whether you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, or just new bike lanes, this is the season to say thanks. Cyclists will get multiple chances to do so this week, plus another shot at the holiday lights tour. Here are
- Tuesday: SFCTA Board Meeting. The last TA meeting of 2009: get your fill of allocations and appropriations before the city shuts down for the holidays. 11 a.m.
- Tuesday: SFBC New Member Meet & Greet. New SFBC members are invited to learn about bike advocacy, education and community programs and how to get involved. 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday: Cyclists Thank Caltrain. The SFBC will be out at the Caltrain Station thanking Caltrain for increasing onboard bike capacity and for providing staffed bike parking at Warm Planet Bikes. 5:30-6:30pm
- Thursday: Cyclists Thank SFMTA. Help say thank you to the SFMTA for the bike improvements on Market Street. SFBC will be hosting an Energizer Station and making cards for the MTA. 8-10 a.m.
- Sunday: SFBC Rec Ride: Sixth Annual Christmas Lights Ride. In keeping with yearly tradition, embark on an evening tour of some of SF's fanciful holiday homes, exploring less-visited neighborhoods and "maybe even singing a carol or two along the way." Ride is 12-15 miles, expect some ups and downs. 6:30 p.m.