DPT crews have begun striping a new bike lane on Clipper Street  between Douglass Street and Portola Drive. Streetsblog tipster Nick sent us these photos of the work, which is expected to take a week to complete, according to Damon Curtis of the MTA's bike program. Nick points out that many residents on Clipper Street support the bike lane, part of a traffic calming project in the Bike Plan.
See more photos and get an update on other projects below the break.
- Otis Street between Gough Street and South Van Ness Avenue. Work to begin on 12/17 if it IS raining (estimate 1 week to complete striping work)
- 7th Avenue between Lawton Street and Lincoln Way. Work to begin after repaving work is finished (estimate 2 weeks to complete striping work)
- JFK Drive between Kezar and Transverse Drives in Golden Gate Park. This project is proceeding on a separate legislative track led by the Recreation and Parks Department, and is expected to be complete in Spring 2010.
- 5th, Market to Townsend (74)
- Hayes, Baker to Scott (12)
- The Wiggle: Duboce, Waller, Pierce, Haight, & Scott (12)
- Fulton, 23rd to 22nd (4)
- Wawona, 21st to 20th (4)
Sharrows will be installed on the following streets next:
- Greenwich, Lyon to Octavia (44)
- 23rd, Fulton to Lake (30)
- Sansome, Sutter to Washington (34)
- Geneva, Ocean to Alemany (38)