- EPA Proposes Toughening Bush-Era Smog Rules (AP via SF Gate)
- Driving While Surfing: Touch Screens and Internet Apps Invade the Dashboard (NYT)
- Webster’s 2009 Word of the Year: Distracted Driving (Active Transportation Alliance)
- Transport Politic: "Geary Boulevard Demands a Subway Rapid Transit Line"
- DWP to Repave Several Bicycle Routes in the City in 2010 (BIKE NOPA)
- Advocates Pushing for a Vehicular Homicide Law in Oregon (Bike Portland)
- MTA Board Approves Higher Fines for Disabled Placard Abuse (BCN via CBS5)
- Merc: "Left-Turn Lane Design to Slow Traffic at Sunnyvale Medical Center"
- Texas Starts Eyeing a Mileage Tax (Houston Chron via Planetizen)
- Design Released for 10-Story Mixed-Use Building in Downtown Santa Rosa (Press Democrat)
More headlines at Streetsblog Capitol Hill.