This Week in Livable Streets Events
The MTA Board’s decision last Friday to cut Muni service by 10 percent was just the beginning of a months-long saga over Muni’s budget. On Tuesday, get a glimpse of what’s to come at the MTA Board meeting, followed by a Muni Summit on Saturday that will bring together dozens of groups hoping to save the city’s transit system. Plus, more highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: Tassafaronga Village: SPUR bicycle tour with David Baker. Join architect David Baker for a tour of "one of the first gold-certified LEED for neighborhoods developments in
California," a new 7.5-acre Oakland Housing
Authority community that "brings a diversity of affordable housing to an
under-served area of West Oakland." 12 p.m.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting. Get an update on Muni’s budget for the next two fiscal years. The MTA has a projected cumulative budget shortfall of $100 million, and further service cuts and fare increases could be on the table. 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: Dolores Park Public Meeting. Learn more about the upcoming park renovations and how they will effect the open space in the park. 6-8 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR Walking Tour: District 3 tour with Supervisor David Chiu. In this new SPUR tour series, see your neighborhood through the eyes of
your district supervisor. Join Supervisor David Chiu on this walking
tour of Chinatown. 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Muni Summit. Join activists and community groups in developing solutions to the Muni crisis. Dozens of groups will be looking for solutions to the MTA’s budget shortfall that could avert more service cuts and fare increases. 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday: SFBC Rec Ride: SF Parks Trust Family Fun Ride. Join SF Parks Trust for a car-free family ride through Golden Gate
Park. See all the park
highlights, from bison to windmills and more. 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar
for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop
us a line.