This Week in Livable Streets Events
It's Sunday Streets time! Check out the first Sunday Streets route of the year, plus a town hall meeting on next year's Muni budget. Here are the week's highlights:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Vacant lots: ideas for temporary use. Join for a discussion moderated by The Chronicle's John King on how to activate some of San Francisco's stalled construction sites into spaces of beauty, inspiration and public use. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: MTA Town Hall Meeting on the Fiscal Years 2011 and 2012 Budgets. Speak up for Muni at this MTA town hall meeting on the budget. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: UC Berkeley Extension Course: Walkable Transit-Oriented Communities. An introduction to California's new regional planning law, SB 375, that attempts to fight global warming by reshaping communities around walkable transit-oriented neighborhoods. This is the first meeting of the six-week course. 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Bike Maintenance Class: Your Brakes and Shifting. Learn how to replace your cables, adjust your brakes and about gear shifting in this hands-on bike maintenance class. 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Different Spokes Monthly Ride. Join for the Different Spokes San Francisco monthly club ride. There are three options so you can go at your own pace and distance. 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Embarcadero. Come play in the streets! Sunday Streets provides car-free recreational space for everyone. Even better, get involved and sign up to volunteer for Sunday Streets. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.