This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week, watch a movie about the mid-century dismantling of America's public transit systems before speaking up for the future of Muni on Saturday. Here are the week's highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: SFBC Phone Banking. Volunteer to phone bank with the SFBC: no cold calling, just simple reminders to friendly lapsed SFBC members that their membership is expired. 5-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: SPUR Evening Symposium: BLDGBLOG the book: A talk with author Geoff Manaugh. Join SPUR for an evening of "architectural conjecture, urban speculation and landscape futures" with BLDGBLOG author Geoff Manaugh. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: TransForm TransForay: Movie Night: Documentary “Taken for a Ride”. Watch the classic documentary "Taken for a Ride", which tells the heartbreaking story of how public transportation was systematically dismantled in the mid-1900s. 6-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: Bike Maintenance Class: Your Bicycle Wheel. Learn how to adjust a bike hub, true a wheel and the importance of spoke tension for keeping your wheel in good shape in this hands-on bike maintenance class. 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFMTA Town Hall Meeting. Speak up for Muni at this MTA town hall meeting on
- Sunday: SFBC Rec Ride: Family Golden Gate Bridge to Fort Baker Ride. Join SFBC member Tim Hurley on a family ride traversing Marina Green and Chrissy Field, then through the Presidio to the Golden Gate Bridge to Fort Baker. 10:30 a.m.