Come see some of Streetfilms’ newest work this week! Plus, more highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Monday: The Legacy of Livable Streets: Three decades later, what have we learned? Donald Appleyard’s seminal 1981 book Livable Streets revealed the detrimental effects of automobile traffic on street life and communities. Join for a discussion on the book’s legacy with Bruce Appleyard, who is working on the second edition to his father’s book. 7-9 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Living on Third Street. Join SPUR for an overview of how Third Street is evolving three years after the launch of the T-Third Street Muni line. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: Streetsblog Streetfilms Celebration and Fundraiser. Please join Streetsblog and Streetfilms for an evening of films, friends and drinks, with Clarence Eckerson and special guests Charlotte Buchen and John Hamilton. 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. Speak your mind about bicycle issues in San Francisco. This eleven member committee advises the Board of Supervisors on all matters bicycle. 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: NOPA VELO’s The Hills Are Alive with the Views of NOPA Ride. NOPA VELO heads for the hills. This new biking group will circle the neighborhood with stops at Alamo Square, Buena Vista, UCSF/Parnassus and the deYoung tower. Sound of Music attire is encouraged. 10 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.