This Week in Livable Streets Events
If you can afford to take off work Tuesday morning come attend a special meeting of the MTA Board that will include a vote on declaring a fiscal emergency. Then, take a long lunch on Thursday to check out an example of new transit-oriented development in the Bayview. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SFMTA Special Board Meeting. The MTA Board will vote on declaring a fiscal emergency for the next two fiscal years, and will hear presentations on the budget and a pilot parking meter hour extension program. 9 a.m.
- Wednesday: SFBC Phone Banking. No cold calling, just simple reminders to lapsed SFBC members that their membership is expired. 5-8 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Walking Tour: Exploring the Bayview: Armstrong Place. Tour Armstrong Place, an example of new transit-oriented development along the T-Third line in the Bayview District. 12 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC "Bike to School" Training at SFBC Healthy Saturdays Kick-Off Picnic. In preparation for the SF Bike to School Day, this 2.5 hour session offers families and youth an opportunity to improve confidence and safety on the road. 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Monthly Good Roads Ride. Start out making sure the routes for Sunday Streets are smooth and safe, then ride on to celebrate the kick-off of Healthy Saturdays in Golden Gate Park with an SFBC picnic. 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Sunday: SFBC Rec Ride: Birding by Bike. Join SFBC members David and Annie Armstrong on a half-day biking tour of the Presidio and Fort Mason. David has been leading birding trips for the Audubon Society for 10 years in San Francisco. 9 a.m.