This Week in Livable Streets Events
Miss yesterday's Sunday Streets event because of the rain? Make up for it next weekend with Sunday Streets in the Bayview! Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: Oakland Public Works Committee Meeting - BRT agenda item. The Oakland Public Works Committee will discuss BRT as an agenda item before it goes to Oakland City Council. 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC) Meeting. A chance to discuss pedestrian safety issues in San Francisco. 5:30-7 p.m.
- Wednesday: Mission Streetscape Meeting. Design updates on specific projects in the Mission District will be presented and feedback is encouraged. 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday: SFBC 2nd Annual Bike to School Day. Join the second Annual SFBC Bike to School Day. Approximately 500 students at 25 Schools participated in the first event, and SFBC hopes for an even bigger event this year.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Bayview. Come play in the streets! Sunday Streets provides car-free recreational space for everyone. 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Sunday: Transportation Mural Walking Tour. Joel Pomerantz, coordinator of Mona Caron's murals, including the Duboce Bike mural, gives an insider look at the murals' themes of transportation's past, present, and future. 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.