This Week in Livable Streets Events
Speak up for transit at Tuesday’s SFMTA Board meeting, which is set to include a vote on the agency’s budget for the next two fiscal years. Plus, more highlights
from the Streetsblog
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting: Two-Year Budget Vote. The board is set to vote on a two-year budget at this meeting that could continue Muni service cuts into at least 2012. 2 p.m.
- Tuesday: Oakland City Council Meeting: East Bay BRT. Let your elected officials know how you feel about implementing BRT in Oakland! 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday: TransForm TransForum: All About GreenTRIP. Learn about ‘GreenTRIP’, TransForm’s new certification program, and how we can get developments built with less parking and better walkability. 6-7:30 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR Walking Tour: District 8 walking tour with Supervisor Bevan Dufty.
Join Supervisor Bevan Dufty on
this one-hour walking tour of the Castro. 2:30 p.m.
- Friday: YMCA YBike Moonlight Ride. While most cars are sleeping, join the YMCA on a
moonlight city tour. 9-11 p.m.
- Saturday: Transit History Bike Tour. Discover lost freeways, ghosts of train routes, and a "vivid
account of how San Franciscans have moved around this peninsula through
time." 12 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar
for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop
us a line.