This Week in Livable Streets Events
From SF’s radical history to brand new valet parking at the Ferry Building Farmers Market, there’s plenty to check out this week. Here are the highlights:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: The politics and policy of AB 32: California’s Global Warming Solutions Act. Join SPUR for a discussion of the policy and politics of AB 32, four years after its adoption. With Wade Crowfoot, West Coast Political Director for the Environmental Defense Fund, and Donnie Fowler of the Clean Energy Network. 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: SFBC New Member Meet & Greet. Been an SFBC member less than a year? New members are invited to join SFBC to learn about its advocacy, education and community programs. 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Bicycle share systems in European cities. How do bicycle shares work, what makes them successful and what are their challenges? Join Jessica Coleman, landscape designer at MPA Design, former recipient of U.C. Berkeley’s Scott Traveling Fellowship, as she shares her research from Paris, Amsterdam and Copenhagen. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: AC Transit Board of Directors Meeting. Bus Rapid Transit will be on the agenda. 6 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Valet Bike Parking at the Ferry Building Saturday Farmers Market. Starting this Saturday, SFBC will be providing complimentary valet bike parking at the Ferry Building Saturday Farmers Market all 52 weeks a year. 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday: Radical History of San Francisco Ride. Learn about the radical history of San Francisco from the 1800s through the more recent past, visiting sites of protest and dissent. 10:45 a.m.-3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.