This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week, let the city know how you’d like to transform Masonic Avenue. Then, see the streets of the Mission transformed overnight as Sunday Streets returns. Plus, more highlights from the livable streets calendar:
- Tuesday: Masonic Avenue Street Design Community Workshop. SFMTA Staff will give a presentation on existing conditions and community members will share their ideas and vision for a better Masonic Avenue, which will help shape the SFMTA future recommendations. 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Economic impacts of SB 375, California’s new anti-sprawl legislation. A new report by the Urban Land Institute assesses the impacts of SB 375 — the 2008 bill that limits greenhouse gas emissions by curbing sprawl — on land values and economic vitality in California. Learn about the results and what the implementation of this bill will mean for the state’s economy. 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: SFBC Treehouse Talk: SF Great Streets Project. The Great Streets Project has helped shape the city’s trial pedestrian plazas, its flexible parking program, and its historic Market Street trials. Kit Hodge, the project’s director, will share her ideas for what’s next. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: East Bay Bicycle Coalition Monthly Meeting: Introducing your community bike organizations. Find out what East Bay bicycle groups are doing to encourage bicycling at the grassroots level, where their shops are located, and how you can get involved. 7:30-9 p.m.
- Saturday: 4th Annual Bicycle Music Festival. The Bicycle Music Festival is the "largest human powered festival in the world," featuring 18 bands, 3 festival stops, 2 bicycle parades with bands performing live from the backs of cargo-bikes as it rolls down the San Francisco streets and an enormous pedal-powered sound system. 10 a.m.-2 a.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Mission. Come play in the streets! Sunday Streets returns to the Mission for a second year to provide car-free recreational space for everyone. 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.