This week is all about getting out of the house and out of the car. Discover parklets in your neck of the woods and cruise to work on your bike for Gas-Free Friday. Then, get ready for the weekend as Sunday Streets rocks the Mission all over again. Here are this week’s highlights:
- Today: The SFMTA Board holds a "public hearing and action" on restoring Muni service cuts. City Hall. Room 400. 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR Walking Tour: Parks and parklets tour. Stroll through the city with Andres Power and get acquainted with the City’s Pavement to Parks projects. 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Learning from Chile. San Francisco and Chile are Ring of Fire sisters. So, what lessons can we take away from their recent 8.8 magnitude quake? Discover some new policy options over lunch with SPUR. 12:30 p.m.
- Friday: Gas-Free Fridays. Grab your bike and be one less car on your Friday commute. And don’t forget to stop by an energizer station to "refuel" while you’re at it. 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Saturday: 19th Annual Bike 4 Breath 2010 Ride. Raise funds to promote better lung health and clean air policy in California by participating in one of the Bike 4 Breath rides. From a family-friendly 10 miles, to an endurance testing 62 miles, there is a ride for everyone. There are events all day, rides start at 7:00 a.m.
- Saturday: Labor History Bike Tour. Take a ride through the past, discovering key sites of labor struggles from 1870 to 1940. 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: Mission. Did you miss the last Sunday Streets? Or, perhaps just ready to hit replay? Either way come play in the streets during Sunday Streets; Mission, part deux! 10:00-3:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated
listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.