There are plenty of urban issues to sink your teeth into this week. From learning about the potential boons of urban farming in San Francisco and Bus Rapid Transit in San Jose to the discovery of greywater best practices that may reside in your own back yard. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SPUR Young Urbanists: Conversations on urban farming. Join San Jose’s Little City Garden crew and discuss how urban farming can meet the food needs of our communities. 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: TransForm: TransForay: South Bay Bus Rapid Transit Tour. This walking and transit tour will look into how BRT can bridge the jobs/housing gaps in San Jose. 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: A field guide to transit debates: A conversation with Jarrett Walker. Why does transit funding and implementation decrease when it is needed most? Jarrett Walker, of HumanTransit.org, offers his thoughts on the issue. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SFBC BEER & BITES Party at Show Dogs. Help boost the Great Streets Project and support their Market Street improvements by attending this fabulous fundraiser at Show Dogs. 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Water, Water Everywhere. This 2.5 hour ride will visit public projects and private residences with stellar examples of how SF can reuse its water. 9:45 a.m.
- Sunday: SFBC Valet Bicycle Parking at SF Marathon. Check out the SF Marathoners or park your bike while you participate! 5:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated
listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.