This Week in Livable Streets Events
There are excellent opportunities to get social and suss out some urban issues this week. Work through traffic calming options for Masonic Avenue, discuss South Bay cycling with SVBC and indulge your sweet tooth over the weekend with SFBC. Here are this week's highlights:
- Monday: SPUR Young Urbanists: Welcome Bike & Build to San Francisco. Learn how Bike & Build spreads the word about affordable housing through cross-country rides from Virgina to California. 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: Masonic Avenue Traffic Calming Community Workshop 2. Check out SFMTA's proposal for new traffic calming improvements and give your opinions. 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Learning from San José. Meet with Kim Walesh of the City of San Jose to discuss Silicon Valley's need for an urban center and how to make it happen. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SVBC Car Free Happy Hour. Spend the evening away from the fog with SVBC for a relaxed meet and greet in Downtown San Jose. 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Friday: August East Bay Bike Party: Superhero Ride! Get decked out as your favorite hero and join the East Bay Bike Party for a Friday night to remember. 8:00-11:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Ice Cream Ride. The tasty Ice Cream Ride has returned! Bring your bike and some moolah and a delicious experience shall follow. 12:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.