La Cocina SF Street Food Festival 2010
- August 21, 2010 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Mission District on Folsom St. from 24th to 26th, 25th from Treat St. to Shotwell St., and Treat St. along Garfield Park.
- Nothing, it’s free, but be sure to bring cash as the vendors will only be accepting cash or pre-purchased passport tickets ($25 to $150 each).
- Not required, but you can RSVP on Facebook.
- More Info
- Visit sfstreetfoodfest.com
- Join the After Party at Cafe Cocomo from 6pm-2am for music, salsa dancing and more street food! Tickets are $10, register here.
"The San Francisco Street Food Festival is an event hosted by La Cocina that advocates for the creation of policies that support the formalization of mobile food vending in San Francisco.
Policies as they exist today are discouraging and create barriers rather than opportunities for the creation of viable businesses and jobs for San Franciscans. Street food has the power to bring communities casual, affordable, delicious foods made by food entrepreneurs who reflect San Francisco’s diverse population. Policies that support the formalization of mobile vending will work to connect communities throughout San Francisco’s spectrum of class and culture to the everyday food that we all eat and love.
Last year’s Street Food Festival in 2009 was focused on what could be possible for mobile food vendors in San Francisco. This year’s Street Food Festival in 2010 is focused on and advocates what should be possible and will highlight the people who make such wonderful food, who deliver it to you, and who nourish the connections throughout the community."