This week affords the opportunity to vent your frustrations about bike safety, dig into urban farming and party down in the Mission. Here are this week's highlights:
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Disasters and transportation systems. Recent studies reveal that the Bay Area is long over due for a large earthquake and SPUR will delve into what a large quake would do to city transit. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: BART Board Meeting. Agenda items include decisions on various station improvements and Oakland Airport connector votes. 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday: SF Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting. The 11 member BAC advises the Board of Supervisors on bike issues, let them know your safety concerns and any other thoughts you have about the state of bicycling in San Francisco. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: WTF Night at the Bike Kitchen. Want to learn the in-and-outs of bicycle mechanics? This workshop is for you! Women, transgender queer folks, femmes and anyone else in which gender has been a barrier to learning mechanics encouraged to attend! 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: SPUR Young Urbanists: Urban farming 101. Learn how to transform your backyard into something edible with help from Alemany Farm and SPUR. 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday: Mission Neighborhood Party on Block 18. Support the Women's Building and other neighborhood non-profits while you enjoy locally produced beers, fine foods, music and family friendly entertainment. 12:00-5:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line