This Week in Livable Streets Events
This week offers plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy the last days of summer. Party with SPUR, rally for the sea and learn how to cycle safely on the roadway. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: TransForm holds a rally and news conference at the Coliseum BART station to stop the Oakland Airport Connector on the eve of a vote by an MTC committee. 11 a.m.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board meeting. Tune in or attend the first meeting with new board member Cheryl Brinkman. Noon.
- Tuesday: SPUR Exibit: DIY Urbanism Opening Party. Celebrate and discover the many ingenious ways SF entrepreneurs have survived the recession through perseverance and creativity. 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: MTC Programming and Allocations Committee to vote on subsidies for the Oakland Airport Connector. 10 a.m.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Crosstown Bikeways. SPUR and SFBC are teaming up to offer their vision of future bikeways in the city. 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: “Put the Sea in Cycling” Bike Rally. Ride to tell Shimano to do the right thing and cease funding anti-conservation efforts. 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC Rec Ride: Solar Systems. Check out the many ways city dwellers are going solar on this 2-hour ride. 9:45 a.m.
- Saturday: Free Urban Cycling Workshop: Intro to Safe Cycling (Day 1). New to biking or want to brush up on your skills? This safety and technique harnessing workshop is for you! 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.