This week, the AC Transit Board of Directors considers service reductions while the SFMTA Board gets a year end report. End the week by attending a workshop on greening your street and then get a fascinating bike tour of the city’s sewer system. Here the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board holds a special workshop  on Prop. A and then hears the agency’s FY10 year end report and strategic plan presentation, which will end with the discussion “of a framework that will organize policies, initiatives and actions for the agency.” 9 a.m.
- Wednesday: The AC Transit Board of Directors  considers cutting weekend and overnight service to save an estimated $11 million. Public comment will be taken. 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: SPUR hosts a lunchtime presentation  on GreenTRIP , the innovative program to encourage developers and architects to build transit-oriented development and reduce driving trips to cut down on greenhouse gas emissions. Learn about the program from Ann Cheng, GreenTRIP Program Director, Michael Van Every of Republic Urban Properties, Andrea Osgood of Eden Housing and a City Centric representative. 12:30 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR hosts a workshop  on how to green your street’s medians and sidewalks. This two-hour information session also includes tips on how to organize your neighbors, pick the right plants and navigate the permit process. With Gillian Gillett of the San Jose/Guerrero Neighborhood Coalition, Flora Grubb of Flora Grubb Gardens and Carla Short, an urban forester with the Department of Public Works. 3 p.m.
- Saturday: Join a group  of sewer historians, storm water experts, artists and visionaries for a bike tour of the city’s sewer system followed by an art show at Workspace LTD, the site of our last Streetfilms party . The bike tour starts at 2 p.m. followed by an art party from 5 to 10 p.m. at Workspace.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line . Also, we’re looking for a paid intern or volunteer to help us keep the Streetsblog calendar up to date. Interested? Email email@example.com.