This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On October 18, 2010 @ 9:45 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, learn the lessons SFBC and SFMTA staff took from their days in Copenhagen, how to start a farmers market, the history of transit in the city and then let it all sink in at the last Sunday Streets of the year. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar: 
- Monday: Join the East Bay Bicycle Coalition and the City of Richmond Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee as they review the Richmond Bicycle Master Plan Final Draft  in the process of creating a bike-friendly city. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: This week’s SFMTA Board meeting  has the Upper Market St. bike lanes on the agenda. Show your support for a consistent, secure space for bike users on this stretch of thoroughfare. 10 a.m.
- Wednesday: The SF Bicycle Coalition’s annual member meeting  includes a Treehouse Talk from Andy Thornley, Jodie Medeiros and others to share the innovations, ideas and best practices they learned during a recent visit to Copenhagen for the Velo-City 2010 Conference. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: SPUR hosts a special opportunity  for residents who want to learn all about starting a farmers market in their community. Hear from the experts from organizations such as the Noe Valley Farmers Market and CUESA. 3 p.m.
- Saturday: SFBC rides, past and future: Take a bike ride and discover the city’s rich transit history on a tour  with the SF Bike Coalition. 12 p.m.. Or, take a 180 toward the future and help inform their ambitious Connecting the City campaign by going on a survey ride  through the Bay Trail Route section of their plan for safe, protected bikeways. 10 a.m.
- Sunday: Don’t miss the final Sunday Streets  of the year and your chance to walk, run, bike, play, or just relax in the car-free streets of the Civic Center/Tenderloin. It’ll be the first time these neighborhoods experience Sunday Streets. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/18/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-66/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar:: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 review the Richmond Bicycle Master Plan Final Draft: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/18/richmond-bicycle-master-plan-final-draft-review/
 SFMTA Board meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/03/speak-out-for-upper-market-bike-lanes-at-sfmta-board/
 SF Bicycle Coalition’s annual member meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/18/sfbc-annual-member-meeting-treehouse-talk-copenhagen/
 SPUR hosts a special opportunity: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/17/spur-special-event-new-ventures-in-food/
 on a tour: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/17/shaping-san-francisco-bicycle-history-tour-transit/
 going on a survey ride: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/17/sfbc-survey-ride-connecting-the-city-bay-trail-route/
 Sunday Streets: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/09/07/sunday-streets-civic-centertenderloin/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/10/04/2010/09/27/2010/09/20/suggest-event/
Click here to print.