This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Open Space on Market Street. Neil Hrushowy of the SF Planning Department discusses the results of a recent study of the pedestrian realm on Market Street and how the results will be used to inform the Better Market Street Project. 12:30pm.
- Tuesday: SFCTA Van Ness Avenue Bus Rapid Transit Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting. Give your input on this vital transit corridor upgrade. 5pm.
- Wednesday: A second SPUR Lunchtime Forum focuses on the “model 21st-century transit-oriented city” of Taipei, where programs such as “an innovative ‘Easy Card’ that can be used for rail and bus fares, shared bicycles and parking” have been a huge success. Chi-Hsin Shao of the San Francisco-based planning firm CHS provides an overview. 12:30pm.
- Friday: Wonderland. Walk Oakland Bike Oakland and the East Bay Bike Coalition join up this year for a grand holiday party featuring live music, great food and beer, raffles, and an all-around good time for friends and family to celebrate success for non-motorized transport in the East Bay. 7pm.
- Saturday: The SFBC’s Monthly Good Roads Ride checks out the new Flex Seal Pavement being used on various blocks around the city, swinging through the Avenues, the Fillmore and Japantown to get some nasty potholes fixed. 10am.
- Saturday: The 5th Annual Supermarket Street Sweep. Can you bike home the bread? How much? Put your grocery hauling abilities to the test in a race to retrieve thousands of pounds of food from local markets around the city to give to the SF Food Bank. 12pm.
- Sunday: Winterfest. The SF Bike Coalition returns to SOMArts for its annual holiday party and silent auction. Spend an evening celebrating and get your chance to win bikes, artwork, trips, dinners, show tickets, getaways, and other goodies while benefiting safer streets for cycling in the city. 6pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.