Get down to some important meetings this week on congestion pricing, proposed parklets and SMART. Then test out bike share and pedal to a couple of SFBC rides this weekend. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: The SFCTA Board considers advancing the Congestion Pricing study. Show up and tell the board why you support moving forward with the project. 11 am.
- Tuesday: The Board of Supervisors meets, with interim mayoral appointee nominations on the agenda. Will they make a move, and will their choice be someone who can lead? 2 pm.
- Wednesday: Parklet Hearings. The DPW is holding a public hearing on two proposed parklets on Valencia and Post Streets. Show your support for more of these very popular and enlivening street features. 9 am.
- Wednesday: SMART Board Meeting. Speak up and encourage the continued progress of the planned Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit multi-use pathway. The board will be addressing funding gaps and support is needed to keep up the pressure. 1:30 pm.
- Friday-Saturday: Bicycle Share Technology Showcase. Come to Civic Center Plaza to check out an SFMTA demonstration of some of the potential bike share systems that could be coming soon to our city. 10am – 3 pm.
- Sunday: SFBC Survey Ride: Connecting the City – Bay Trail Bikeway. The SF Bike Coalition tours another leg of its visionary future world-class bikeway network. The Bay Trail Route goes from Indian Basin to the Golden Gate Bridge via the Embarcadero – help imagine how it’ll all be laid out. 10 am.
- Sunday: SFBC Annual Holiday Lights Rec Ride. It’s that time of year again – pedal around and see some of the best holiday lighting decorations in the city. 6 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.