This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On January 10, 2011 @ 9:15 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, San Francisco will get a new interim mayor, the SFBC’s Leah Shahum returns with lessons from Amsterdam, and some fun rides are in store for the weekend. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Monday: Diridon Station Community Meeting . Join the Greenbelt Alliance and the SVBC’s Carlos Babcock for a presentation on how this San Jose transit hub “can become a bicycling mecca as well as lessons learned from Portland and San Diego.” 6:30 pm.
- Tuesday: Board of Supervisors Meeting . The new board meets to discuss allowing banners along the “Path of Gold” on Market St., vacating streets around the new Transbay Transit Center, and to confirm the appointment of Ed Lee  as interim mayor. 2pm.
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Policy and Governance Committee  will discuss PCO deployment, N-Judah sidewalk bulbs, the contested employee parking fee, off-street parking pricing enforcement, and more. 10 am.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: International Boulevard Community Planning Meetings . This two-part workshop will work “to prepare a plan that explores opportunities for developing Transit-Oriented Developments (TODs) at select locations along International Boulevard” in Oakland with a new grant from Caltrans. 6 pm.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Going Dutch: Creating a bicycle-dependent city . SF Bike Coalition Executive Director Leah Shahum has returned from her eight months living in Amsterdam. Hear what she’s learned on issues like bikeshare, bike parking, and how what’s been done abroad can be applied here “to grow the infrastructure needed to make San Francisco a truly world-class bicycling city.” 12:30 pm.
- Friday: East Bay Bike Party: Hillbilly Wedding . Have fun at the SF Bike Party? Then you’ll probably enjoy this 12-mile ride through Hayward, with a different theme. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: Ocean Beach Master Plan Public Workshop . “SPUR is leading a new long-range planning effort for Ocean Beach – contribute your ideas at this Open House.” 9:00 am.
- Saturday: SFBC Architecture Ride: The Reid Brothers in SF . Hop on a two-hour bike tour and learn about the Reid Brothers’ legacy in the city – “from theaters to hotels, office towers to townhouses, bandshells to barns,” designed with “scant professional training but plenty of hustle.” 1:30 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-75/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 Diridon Station Community Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/diridon-station-community-meeting/
 Board of Supervisors Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/sf-board-of-supervisors-meeting-18/
 Ed Lee: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/05/what-would-an-ed-lee-administration-mean-for-sustainable-transportation/
 SFMTA Policy and Governance Committee: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/2011/01/10/sfmta-policy-and-governance-committee-meeting-2/
 International Boulevard Community Planning Meetings: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/international-boulevard-community-planning-meeting/
 SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Going Dutch: Creating a bicycle-dependent city: http://sf.streetsblog.orgSPUR Lunchtime Forum: Going Dutch: Creating a bicycle-dependent city
 East Bay Bike Party: Hillbilly Wedding: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/east-bay-bike-party-hillbilly-wedding/
 Ocean Beach Master Plan Public Workshop: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/10/ocean-beach-master-plan-public-workshop/
 SFBC Architecture Ride: The Reid Brothers in SF: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/01/02/sfbc-architecture-ride-the-reid-brothers-in-sf-2/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.