This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board Meeting. The Board’s agenda includes charging for SFMTA employee parking, approving the Cesar Chavez Street redesign, establishing 2-hour limits at broken parking meters, lowering the speed limit on the Embarcadero, filling in gaps in the Laguna Honda bike lanes, and providing residential parking permits for childcare workers. 1 pm.
- Wednesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: New public landscapes for coastal cities. Join AECOM principals Alma DuSolier and James Haig Streeter to learn about “how landscape designers engage the overlapping layers of ecology, climate, history and urbanism at the border of city and sea — and what lessons their recent projects in other cities hold for our own effort to turn Ocean Beach into San Francisco’s next great public open space.” 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: SPUR Walking Tour: David Brower Center and Oxford Plaza. Take a walk around Berkeley’s new David Brower Center and Oxford Plaza development, “one of the best local examples of mixed-use development and green architecture combined” with architect Daniel Solomon of Daniel Solomon Design Partners, Lisa Motoyama of Resources for Community Development, Amy Tobin of the Brower Center and Suzanne Brown of Equity Community Builders. 12:30 pm.
- Friday: San Francisco Bike Party. “Who needs a date when you have a bicycle to ride?” The theme of this month’s ride is Love Your Bike – head out for a fun, social night ride starting at Civic Center, rolling through the Western Addition, the Castro, Noe Valley, the Mission, Potrero Hill, and ending at the Caltrain Station. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: SFBC Good Roads Ride. Help the SFBC make city’s streets safer for cycling by heading out on your bike for the monthly group ride to sweep neighborhoods for potholes and get them fixed by marking them and calling them into 311 for quick repair. Top it off with some drinks and lunch. 10 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.