This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On February 28, 2011 @ 9:14 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, a SPUR forum discusses innovative urban parks, the Board of Supervisors looks at restoring vehicle license fees, Sunday Streets gets things going with its fundraiser party, the Caltrain Board votes on devastating cuts, and the SF Bike Party celebrates your favorite female role-models. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Monday: Urban Green: Innovative Parks for Resurgent Cities . Learn about new and innovative ways for “‘built out’ cities to add much-needed parkland” at this SPUR forum with Peter Harnik, director of the Center for City Park Excellence at the Trust for Public Land and author of the book Urban Green. Harnik will “address a variety of examples and practical solutions, giving helpful guidance to those vested in making cities more beautiful, sociable, ecologically sound, and successful.” 6 pm.
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors meets  to consider making the Market Street required right-turns permanent, providing free Lifeline Youth Muni Fast Passes for students, restoring two-way travel on Hayes Street, adding improvements to Folsom Street in the Mission, introducing a Transit Impact Development Fee, and Geary Boulevard sidewalk extensions and crosswalk openings. 1 pm.
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets . The agenda includes accepting and expending a Safe Routes to School Grant, a hearing on an order to vacate streets for the Transbay Terminal construction, restoring vehicle license fees to pre-1998 levels, and increasing parking fees at the Kezar lot. 2 pm.
- Wednesday: Arizmendi Bakery Parklet Hearing . Show your support for a parklet in the Inner Sunset in front of the popular Arizemendi Bakery in the neighborhood’s busy 9th and Irving restaurant district by Golden Gate Park. 9 am.
- Wednesday: Sunday Streets Pre-Season Fundraiser . Bring your friends and family for an evening of socializing, raffles, and drinks served by “a few celebrity bartenders” to support this year’s season of Sunday Streets events kicking off in March. 6 pm.
- Thursday: The Caltrain Board of Directors  holds a hearing and votes on approving heavy service cuts for the next fiscal year that would close up to 16 stations, slash service to peak-hour trains only, and increase the base fare by 25 cents in order to help close the budget deficit. 10 am.
- Friday: San Francisco Bike Party . This month’s ride encourages riders to dress as their “Favorite Female” icon for a trip starting at China Basin Park and heading to Hunter’s Point, Bayview, Candlestick Park, and finally the Giants ballpark via Third Street with stops for dancing and socializing on the way. 7:30 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/28/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-82/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 Urban Green: Innovative Parks for Resurgent Cities: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/21/innovative-parks-for-resurgent-cities/
 The SFMTA Board of Directors meets: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/27/sfmta-board-of-directors-meeting-3/
 The SF Board of Supervisors meets: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/27/sf-board-of-supervisors-meeting-22/
 Arizmendi Bakery Parklet Hearing: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/14/hearing-for-parklet-at-arizmendi-bakery-in-the-inner-sunset/
 Sunday Streets Pre-Season Fundraiser: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/27/sunday-streets-pre-season-fundraiser/
 The Caltrain Board of Directors: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/21/caltrain-board-of-directors-meeting-2/
 San Francisco Bike Party: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/02/27/sf-bike-party-favorite-females/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.