This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets. The agenda includes a transportation code amendment “allowing certain SFMTA employees to enforce specified parking laws” and establishing a law on illegal taxis as well as supporting peak-hour taxi permits.
- Wednesday: How to Build a Bike. Get “an overview of the different ways of building bikes, design and fitting concepts, the tools required, how to draw a bike plan, component selection, and much more.” 7 pm.
- Thursday: HOT: Living Through the Next 50 Years on Earth. This SPUR Lunchtime Forum discusses how we can “re-double efforts to reverse global warming even as we install protections against its unavoidable impacts” with author and climate change journalist Mark Herstgaard. 12:30 pm.
- Saturday: El Cerrito Eco-Film Series: A Bus Rider’s Diary. Check out a local documentary “illustrating the vital importance of public transportation in urban areas” by exploring AC Transit bus line 73 and “the people whose lives are shaped by the bus schedule and the elements.” 10 am.
- Sunday: Laguna Honda Watershed Thinkwalk. Join WalkSF and San Francisco historian Joel Pomerantz on a walk from Twin Peaks to Golden Gate Park to learn about the dramatic changes the landscape has undergone to “come away with a deeper understanding of the waterways that define our San Francisco landscape.” 1 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.