Silicon Valley Bike Advocacy Summit 2011
- April 6, 2011 1:00 pm - 6:30 pmApril 8, 2011 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- April 6 - San Mateo Public Library 55 W. Third Avenue, San Mateo April 8 - San José City Hall, Council Chambers 200 East Santa Clara Street, San José
Silicon Valley and the Peninsula will become bicycle advocacy epicenters as SVBC hosts the first-ever Silicon Valley Bike Advocacy Summit. Professional advocates, politicians, public agency employees, industry representatives, public health officials, and interested community members are invited to participate in a community event focused on promoting the bicycle and smart planning for health, environmental security, and enhanced communities.
Participants of the Summit will discuss and learn about:
- How promoting the bicycle improves life in our area.
- How bicycles and active transportation can be integrated into transit-oriented development.
- How to effectively advocate for increased bicycle access.
- How the advocacy community can work with government representatives to effectively promote change.
- Much, much more.