This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On April 18, 2011 @ 9:30 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, the SFBC gets you ready for Bike to Work Day, The Lost Cyclist
author David V. Herlihy holds a discussion and book signing, SPUR discusses a new report on transit-oriented development and Walk SF takes you through the “Trendyloin”. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Monday: How to Bike Anywhere Workshop . If you’re new to bike commuting, take some tips from the SF Bicycle Coalition Bike Buddies on how to make any trip on two wheels in time for Bike to Work Day next month. 6:30 pm.
- Tuesday: SFMTA Board of Directors meets . On the agenda is the approval of restoring downtown Hayes Street to two-way operation, the funding plan for the Central Subway Project, a presentation of the Climate Action Plan, renaming the Geneva Muni Yard after the late Director Cameron Beach, endorsing the Better Streets Plan, and more. 1 pm.
- Wednesday: The Lost Cyclist Book Event . Author David V. Herlihy discusses his new book The Lost Cyclist, the story of a man named Frank Lenz who attempted to circle the globe by bicycle in 1892 to demonstrate the practicality of the new invention, disappearing mysteriously along the way. 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: From Jersey City to LA: Comparing TODs Across the U.S.  Join Allison Brooks and Jeff Wood from Reconnecting America for this SPUR lunchtime forum where they’ll discuss their new report, “Performance-Based Transit-Oriented Development Typology Guidebook”, “a user-friendly tool that gives interested people around the country the ability to evaluate the performance of the transit zones in their neighborhoods and towns.” 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: The SF Board of Supervisors Rules Committee  will consider the reappointment of Jerry Lee to the SFMTA Board of Directors, Malia Cohen to the Association of Bay Area Governments Executive Board, as well as other candidates to the Pedestrian Safety Advisory Committee and the SF Health Authority. 1:30 pm.
- Saturday: SF Bicycle Coalition Rec Ride: Cheese, Beer & Bikes . Learn how to pair cheese and beer while visiting some of the finest fromageries the city has to offer. 12:30 pm.
- Sunday: Walk SF “Trendyloin” Walk . Join Walk SF and urban planner Michael Jacinto on a tour “through the changes afoot in one of the West Coast’s oldest and most storied walking neighborhoods. We’ll explore the transitions between Union Square’s upscale retail and affordable housing developments, find little-known pockets of open space and historic Nob Hill homes, and make our way along the transit and retail corridors of Geary and Polk Streets.” 1 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/18/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-88/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 How to Bike Anywhere Workshop: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/11/how-to-bike-anywhere-workshop/
 SFMTA Board of Directors meets: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/17/sfmta-board-of-directors-meeting-4/
 The Lost Cyclist Book Event: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/17/the-lost-cyclist-book-event/
 From Jersey City to LA: Comparing TODs Across the U.S.: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/17/from-jersey-city-to-la-comparing-tods-across-the-u-s/
 The SF Board of Supervisors Rules Committee: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/17/sf-board-of-supervisors-rules-committee/
 SF Bicycle Coalition Rec Ride: Cheese, Beer & Bikes: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/17/sf-bicycle-coalition-rec-ride-cheese-beer-bikes/
 Walk SF “Trendyloin” Walk: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/04/15/walk-sf-trendyloin-walk-through-san-franciscos-downtown-neighborhoods/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.