This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: Building Communities for Seniors: A Walking Tour of Broadway Auto Row in Oakland. TransForm takes “a walk around the neighborhood envisioning changes that would support independent senior living. We will show how a well placed bench, street lights, bus shelter and other key changes can improve safety, independence and the overall well being of our community.” 2:30 pm.
- Wednesday: Port City: The history and transformation of SF’s waterfront. Learn about the rich history of San Francisco’s port, its role in shaping the city, and its possible future at this SPUR Lunchtime Forum with SF Architectural Heritage Executive Director Mike Buhler and Port City author Michael Corbett. 12:30 pm.
- Wednesday: A Vigil for a Fallen Pedestrian. Join the North of Panhandle Neighborhood Association as it remembers James Hudson, a man who was killed by a drunk driver last Friday while crossing Masonic Avenue at the dangerous Turk Street intersection. A safety dialogue will follow. 6:15 pm.
- Thursday: Bike to Work Day. It’s that time again: if you’re not already getting to work using one of the most fun and efficient ways around, hop on and pedal along with thousands of other commuters for Bike to Work Day. The SF Bicycle Coalition will provide coffee, snacks and mechanics at their many Energizer Stations along some of the city’s most popular bike routes. After-parties are also in store in SF and the East Bay.
- Friday: Masonic Avenue Redesign Hearing. The SFMTA will be hearing public comments on Masonic Avenue’s proposed “Boulevard” redesign, which would make the street safer for all users and include the city’s first raised cycle track. 10 am.
- Saturday: San Jose Bike Party holds its annual Bike the Limits ride, taking riders around the city limits with a short, middle, and long-distance ride totaling 100 miles! 8 am.
- Sunday: Colma Cemetery Bike Tour. Join Shaping SF for “a spirited tour of several massive cemeteries where famous San Franciscans are buried.” 12 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.