This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: The cityscapes of San Francisco. John King, SF Chronicle urban design critic and author of the new book, “Cityscapes: San Francisco and its Buildings,” will join this SPUR Evening Forum to talk about “ten ways to look at a city – everything from cultural battlefields to architectural collage, art exhibitions and measuring rods,” discussing “what’s taking shape in the year ahead, both in the skyline and along the street.” 6 pm.
- Wednesday: What’s next for redevelopment in California? SPUR is joined by redevelopment agency representatives from around the Bay Area in a discussion on the future of redevelopment projects in California cities in light of a recent proposal to kill redevelopment agencies. 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: The Caltrain Board of Directors meets. The board will vote on a preliminary budget for the year and honor board member and San Carlos Mayor Omar Ahmad, who passed away earlier this month. 10 am.
- Friday: SF Bike Party: Pride (In The Name Of Love) Ride. Celebrate Friday and this month’s Pride Parade with the SF Bike Party, taking a ride from the Panhandle up to a view at Corona Heights Park, down Haight Street to the Castro and finishing off on a cruise through the Mission. 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: SFBC Good Roads Ride. Help make the streets smoother and safer for bike riders around the city by joining the SF Bike Coalition’s monthly Good Roads Ride. These heroes of the streets mark potholes and cracks with spray paint and call them into 311 to be fixed by the city. Top the ride off with drinks and lunch afterward. 10 am.
- Sunday: Hayes Valley Social History Thinkwalk. SF historian Joel Pomerantz leads an enlightening walking tour exploring “the racial, political and cultural intensity that changed Hayes Valley from being a farm and graveyard to an urban dream, passing through its various ghetto phases along the way. We’ll walk a short distance through many years of change, from Grove and Market streets to Alamo Square.” 11 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.