SoMa West Workshop: McCoppin Hub Space Re-Visioning
- Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- SF Planning Department 1650 Mission Street, Suite 400 4th Floor, Room 431
VARIOUS COMPONENTS OF THE SOMA WEST IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS ARE MOVING FORWARD (STREETSCAPING, SKATEPARK, ETC.). PLEASE JOIN NEIGHBORS, MERCHANTS, ADVOCATES, AND CITY STAFF TO LEARN FROM THE SUCCESSFUL FOOD TRUCK PILOT IN ORDER TO REVISIT THE DESIGN FOR THE MCCOPPIN HUB SPACE (“MCCOPPIN CUL-DESAC” AT VALENCIA AND MCCOPPIN STREETS.)
• Update/Report on SoMa West Improvement Projects: Screetscaping/alley improvements, skatepark and mini park/sports courts
• Use design homework exercise to identify key uses that will promote activity and community use of the McCoppin Hub space, as well as increase safety and security.
• Work with the architect to brainstorm possible designs that could help activate the McCoppin Hub space, increase foot traffic and livability in the area.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
SF Planning Department
1650 Mission Street, Suite 400
4th Floor, Room 431
(Take elevator up to the fourth floor and walk straight ahead to suite 400)
Please review the attached “McCoppin Hub Homework Assignment” and email your responses (document, pictures, etc.) in advance of the June 1th meeting, if possible, to Robin Havens: Robin.Havens@sfgov.org
• For more information concerning meeting access and accommodations, or if you wish to comment, but are unable to attend the meeting, please contact Robin Havens at Robin.Havens@sfgov.org or (415) 554-5395.
• For project history and announcements: http://tinyurl.com/McCoppin