This Week in Livable Streets Events
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets. Supervisors will ask the Mayor Ed Lee questions regarding the next SFMTA Executive Director, street tree maintenance, and improvements on the Third Street Corridor. Supervisor Wiener will also introduce a resolution urging the SFMTA “to require quarterly reports on the implementation of work rule changes.” 2 pm.
- Tuesday: Designing a Better Market Street. Join Neil Hrushowy of the SF Planning Department, Timothy Papandreou and Nate Chanchareon of the SFMTA, Kris Opbroek of the Department of Public Works, and Kit Hodge of the SF Bicycle Coalition for this SPUR Lunchtime Forum on how to improve the design of San Francisco’s “civic backbone.” 12:30 pm.
- Wednesday: SPUR Walking Tour: Valencia Street Parklets. Take a walk with Andres Power of the SF Planning Department’s Pavement to Parks program “for a tour of the newest parklets on Valencia Street and talk with the parklet hosts and designers about how these community-led projects are helping make Valencia Street a better public place.” 12:30 pm.
- Thursday: The SF Board of Supervisors Rules Committee Meets. On the agenda is a ballot measure proposed by five supervisors aimed at stopping the Park Merced redevelopment by banning the demolition of large residential buildings. 1:30 pm.
- Saturday: Walking Tour: History and Architectural Styles of Duboce Park Neighborhood. Join staff from the SF Planning Department and “discover the history of Duboce Park and its adjacent neighborhood. Learn about the differences between Queen Anne and Edwardian-era Classical Revival styles.” 10 am.
- Sunday: Discover McLaren Park Walk. WalkSF leads a tour of McLaren Park, “our city’s second-largest park! We’ll be discovering treasures in this former Spanish rancho like community gardens, a creek and marshland, walking trails, and more!” 1 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.