This week, tour the Powell Street Promenade, support filling in bike lane gaps on 17th Street, and cruise the streets “Ghost Town”-style with the SF Bike Party. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: Tour of the Powell Street Promenade. SPUR members are invited on a tour of Pavement to Parks’ “new and innovative public space in the heart of downtown San Francisco” with Donna Ficarrotta of the Union Square Business Improvement District, Andres Power of the Planning Department, and the promenade designer. 12:30 pm.
- Wednesday: Mountain View B/PAC meeting to discuss San Antonio Center. The Mountain View Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee (B/PAC) “will review the bicycle/pedestrian circulation improvements for the San Antonio Center Revitalization Project with the project’s developer/architect.” 6 pm.
- Thursday: BART Board Workshop – Lake Merritt Station Area Plan. The BART Board of Directors will hear an update and hold a discussion on plans to upgrade the Lake Merritt Station Area Plan, which seeks to reduce automobile use and improve access to jobs, services, open spaces, and affordable housing in the surrounding neighborhoods. 10 am.
- Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing. On the agenda are plans to fill gaps in the 17th Street bike lanes, dozens of 15 mph school zones, additional on-street car share pilot parking spots, traffic signals along Sunset Boulevard, and more. 10 am.
- Friday: San Francisco Bike Party. This month’s “Ghost Town”-themed bike ride and dance party “tours some of SF’s most swanky, hip, and scenic hoods.” The route starts at Civic Center, then rolls through Hayes Valley, Japantown, stops at Alta Plaza, continues through the Presidio, stops at Crissy Field, and cruises by Fisherman’s Wharf all the way down the Embarcadero to Rincon Park. 7:30 pm.
- Sunday: Bicycle Internal Maintenance Class. Head over to the Bike Kitchen, “a do-it-yourself bicycle resource run by volunteers,” for one of its regular classes on bicycle maintenance to keep your ride in shape. 9 am.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.