Lower Alpine Trail community meeting
- September 15, 2011 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Ladero Oaks Swim & Tennis Club 3249 Alpine Rd Portola Valley
Lower Alpine Trail is used by pedestrians and bicyclists and runs through unincorporated San Mateo County between Menlo Park and Portola Valley.
San Mateo County staff will gather input from the public regarding:
- current conditions on the trail
- concepts for improving the trail, including width and location, and moving Alpine Rd farther from the trail to improve sight lines and limit erosion into the San Francisquito Creek
- community support for improving the trail
The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors has twice rejected offers of $10.2 million from Stanford University to improve the trail and move Alpine Rd, in 2008 and 2010. San Mateo County may lose this funding source for trail improvement if an agreement with Stanford is not reached by the end of 2011.
This community meeting on the Lower Alpine Trail has the same agenda as the September 20, 2011 community meeting.