Join EBCOHO for the East Bay/SF exclusive debut of My Favorite Ecovillages Worldwide, a new slideshow with Diana Leafe Christian, author of Creating a Life Together, Finding Community, and editor of the online international Ecovillage Newsletter.
“My Favorite Ecovillages Worldwide” features photos and stories from successful ecovillages in Europe (including Tamera, Sieben Linden, and Damanhur); in Israel; in Latin America (where I haven’t been yet); and my all-time favorite, Kohohana Family in Japan.
* Unique new ways to start an ecovillage
* Buying and renovating timberframed mansions or an abandoned castle
* Permaculture practices to heal arid landscapes, create new water tables, restore forests
* New technologies with sunlight, hot oil, thermo-siphoning, Stirling engines
* Earthen building for exceptional beauty
* Organic farming with microorganisms
* New, effective, and satisfying decision-making and governance methods
* Unusual ways to stimulate trust and connection
* Art for joy and delight
* Successful, ecologically sustainable community businesses…
Optional dinner at 6; program starts at 7, with slideshow by 7:15.
Advance fee: $21.00 (includes credit card fee); $15 for East Bay Cohousing Supporting Members or if you bring a friend.
See the full event details at http://www.ebcoho.org/events/28218501/