If you know how to balance and pedal but would like to improve your bicycle handling skills and confidence — perhaps to prepare for commuting or errand-running, this on-bike, off-street practice session is for you. Your instructors will demonstrate, and you’ll practice:
- * Mounting and dismounting confidently
- * Starting up without hesitation, stopping safely and smoothly
- * Turning confidently without wobbling
- * Scanning behind without veering, to check for a gap in traffic
- * Steering confidently with one hand, to give a hand signal or use a water bottle
- * Smoothly changing your line of travel to the left or right
Bring your working bicycle and bike helmet.
Instructors: John Ciccarelli, League Cycling Instructor, and Jane Rothstein, HIP Coordinator of Environmental Behavior Change.
Date: Tuesday, 10/11 Time: 5:15-6:45 pm
Location: Medical School Office Bld. front entrance (parking lot side)
Class fee: $35
Class code: bike-01
Register online at http://hip.stanford.edu
Health Improvement Program 650-723-9649