This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On October 31, 2011 @ 9:37 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, SPUR hosts forums on improving transit and reducing driving, the San José City Council reviews its 30-year growth plan, and the San Francisco Bike Party celebrates the dead. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Tuesday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Gaming for Good Transit . Come learn about GreenCityStreets.com, “a prototype Internet application that is helping city residents around the world improve their local public transport systems” by combining “an online game and best practices library, designed to help teach non-professionals about public transport operations.” 12:30 pm.
- Tuesday: San José City Council Reviews Draft Envision 2040 . Show your support and comments on San José’s blueprint for growth over the next three decades, which focuses on sustainability goals including urban development near transit and reducing automobile trips by 50 percent. 7 pm.
- Thursday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Getting Commuters Out of Cars . Learn about SPUR’s new paper that explores “what it would take to get half of commuters to work without driving alone,” identifying ”actions at the local, regional and state levels.” 12:30 pm.
- Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing . The agenda includes daylighting  at corners on 6th and Harrison Streets, a bike lane on Lee Avenue near CCSF’s Ocean Campus, and more. 10 am.
- Friday: San Francisco Bike Party . This month’s theme is “Dia de las Bicicletas!”, and it will be “marked by marigolds and skeletons as we ride together in memory of the friends and loved ones we’ve lost and in celebration of our own ongoing lives! Join us and join the living!” 7:30 pm.
- Sunday: Shaping San Francisco Labor History Tour . “From the pre-urban history of Indian Slavery to the earliest 8-hour day movement in the U.S., the ebb and flow of class war is traced during a four hour bike tour.” 12 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/31/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-116/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Gaming for Good Transit: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/23/gaming-for-good-transit/
 San José City Council Reviews Draft Envision 2040: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/23/san-jose-city-council-reviews-draft-envision-2040/
 SPUR Lunchtime Forum: Getting Commuters Out of Cars: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/23/getting-commuters-out-of-cars/
 SFMTA Engineering Hearing: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/sfmta-engineering-hearing-11/
 daylighting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/05/16/sfmta-daylights-crosswalks-to-improve-pedestrian-visibility/
 San Francisco Bike Party: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/san-francisco-bike-party-2/
 Shaping San Francisco Labor History Tour: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/23/shaping-san-francisco-bicycle-history-tour-labor-history-2/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.