This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On November 7, 2011 @ 10:00 am In Livable Streets Events | No Comments
This week, get an update on BRT projects on Van Ness and Geary, make sure to vote on Election Day, and learn all about biking while pregnant. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Monday: SPUR Lunchtime Forum: SF’s Rapid Transit Network . Get the latest update on Bus Rapid Transit projects on the Geary and Van Ness corridors from Tilly Chang and Rachel Hiatt of the SFCTA along with the SFMTA’s Paul Bignardi and Timothy Papandreou. 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: Election Day . Get out and cast your vote on issues affecting livable streets in San Francisco, whether it’s Proposition B  or the city’s next mayor .
- Wednesday: SF Bicycle Coalition Family Biking Series Part 1: Biking Pregnant . “You love to bike, and now you’re pregnant. Do you need to stop biking? How long can you bike while pregnant? Is your bike pregnancy- and baby-ready? Register for this (free) class to learn the medically reviewed facts about biking pregnant. Meet other pregnant women who bike.” Parts two and three of the series are coming next week. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Planning Commission Hearing . On the agenda is an 8-unit residential building with 1:1 car parking in the Inner Mission, an expansion of the SFMOMA, and amendments to the Glen Park Planning Code. 12 p.m.
- Friday: East Bay Bike Party: Twins Ride . “What kind of twin will you be? Identical twins, like Mary-Kate & Ashley, Patty & Selma or Tegan & Sara? Will you go fraternal as Zan & Jayna or Schwarzenegger & DeVito?” The party rolls out from MacArthur BART and heads north through Oakland and Berkeley. 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Community Design Day – South Santa Clara . “Create a vision for a complete community, connected to the working and natural landscape. Led by professional designers and land-use planners, and through the use of maps and visual imagery, participants will help create designs to inspire decision-makers of South Santa Clara County’s future.” 10 a.m.
- Sunday: Geared 4 Kids: Family Bike Ride . Join this leisurely monthly bike ride geared toward kids and new riders. “This month’s route will be 4.5 miles long. The route will take us through some Oakland neighborhoods with a snack break at the Temescal Farmer’s Market. And, of course, we’ll have music to pedal to!” 10:30 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/07/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-117/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 SPUR Lunchtime Forum: SF’s Rapid Transit Network: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/23/sf%E2%80%99s-rapid-transit-network/
 Election Day: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/06/election-day/
 Proposition B: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/07/29/streets-bond-measure-headed-to-november-ballot/
 the city’s next mayor: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/28/what-will-the-next-mayor-do-for-muni/
 SF Bicycle Coalition Family Biking Series Part 1: Biking Pregnant: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/biking-pregnant-sf-bicycle-coalition-family-biking-series-part-1/
 SF Planning Commission Hearing: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/sf-planning-commission-hearing-14/
 East Bay Bike Party: Twins Ride: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/east-bay-bike-party-4/
 Community Design Day – South Santa Clara: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/30/community-design-day-south-santa-clara/
 Geared 4 Kids: Family Bike Ride: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/06/geared-4-kids-family-bike-ride-4/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.