This Week in Livable Streets Events
Posted By Aaron Bialick On November 28, 2011 @ 10:25 am In Livable Streets Events | 1 Comment
This week, join the SF Transit Riders Union’s general meeting, show your support at a workshop on the Fell and Oak bikeways, and celebrate winter parties in SF and the East Bay. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar 
- Monday: SF Transit Riders Union Member Meeting . Join the SFTRU at its general meeting where members will vote in a board election and staff from the SF County Transportation Authority will present an update on the Van Ness BRT Project. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: Central Corridor Plan Community Meeting . The SF Planning Department is holding a community meeting on the development of the Central Subway Corridor Plan, which will propose changes to Fourth Street. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: WOBO’s Walking and Wheeling Wonderland . Come support Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) and the East Bay Bicycle Coalition at their end-of-year fundraiser party complete with music, beer, and plenty of other fun activities. 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing . On the agenda is an on-street carshare parking spot at 4th Ave. and Clement Street, a bus bulb on Mission at 24th Street, a relocation of the 28 bus stop on 19th Ave. at Lincoln Way, a bike corral on 18th Street at Guerrero, and more. 10 a.m.
- Saturday: SFMTA Community Meeting: Oak and Fell Separated Bikeways . The SF Bicycle Coalition is urging supporters to stop in at the SFMTA’s open house to provide input on the various design options for the Fell and Oak separated bikeways. SFBC writes that this is “a critical moment to make sure this separated bikeway moves forward with strong support and an excellent design. The success of this project is far from guaranteed.” 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
- Saturday: Supermarket Street Sweep . Can you bike home the bread? How much? Put your grocery hauling abilities to the test in a race to retrieve thousands of pounds of food from local markets around the city to give to the SF Food Bank. 12 p.m.
- Sunday: Winterfest . The SFBC throws its spectacular annual holiday party and silent auction this year at City View at the Metreon. Spend an evening celebrating and get your chance to win bikes, artwork, trips, dinners, show tickets, getaways, and other goodies while benefiting safer streets for cycling in the city. 6 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line .
Article printed from Streetsblog San Francisco: http://sf.streetsblog.org
URL to article: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/28/this-week-in-livable-streets-events-120/
URLs in this post:
 Streetsblog calendar: http://sf.streetsblog.org/category/events/
 SF Transit Riders Union Member Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/14/sf-transit-riders-union-member-meeting/
 Central Corridor Plan Community Meeting: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/28/central-corridor-plan-community-meeting/
 WOBO’s Walking and Wheeling Wonderland: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/18/walking-and-wheeling-wonderland/
 SFMTA Engineering Hearing: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/27/sfmta-engineering-hearing-13/
 SFMTA Community Meeting: Oak and Fell Separated Bikeways: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/10/27/sfmta-community-meeting-oak-and-fell-separated-bikeways/
 Supermarket Street Sweep: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/20/supermarket-street-sweep/
 Winterfest: http://sf.streetsblog.org/2011/11/20/winterfest/
 Drop us a line: http://sf.streetsblog.org/suggest-event/
Click here to print.