This week, the SFMTA Board gets updates on some major projects, WalkSF and the SVBC hold their annual parties, and the East Bay Bike Party rocks out on two wheels. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors meets. On the agenda are updates on the JFK Drive bikeway, the environmental impact report for the TEP, the Carl Street N-Judah improvements, making the Nx Judah Express bus permanent, increasing F-line service, and more. 1 pm.
- Thursday: The SF Board of Supervisors Government Audit and Oversight Committee meets. On the agenda is a hearing on a review of SFMTA work orders and a resolution urging the SFMTA to address overtime overruns. 10 a.m.
- Thursday: Walk San Francisco Member Meeting & Greeting. “Meet fellow Walk SF members, find out how your membership has helped change the city this year, and learn what’s ahead in 2012.” Special guest speakers include Mayor Ed Lee, Supervisor John Avalos, and Supervisor Scott Wiener. 6 p.m.
- Thursday: SVBC Winter Party. Join the Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition for an evening of “food, drinks, cool bike gear up for auction, and some bike talk. This annual, members-only party is the place to be if you are a long-time SVBC member, someone who recently joined, or for all of you who have been yearning to become part of the SVBC posse that advocates for more bicycling in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.” 7 p.m.
- Friday: East Bay Bike Party: Rock Star Party. “Come out and roll like a ROCK STAR with your fellow Bike Partiers. Got a sound system? Bring it, because the consensus is, ‘I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT!'” 7:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.