This week, see design proposals for a ped/bike path on the west span of the Bay Bridge and take evening holiday rides with the San Jose Bike Party and the SF Bike Coalition. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets. On the agenda is an agreement with an incoming Lowe’s store that involves widening the roadway at a corner of Bayshore and Waterloo Street, an update on the CPMC Medical Center negotiations, and approving a “final map” for the 299 Valencia project. The supervisors will also question Mayor Ed Lee on issues around Prop G and piloting a T-Third Express bus. 2 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: Bay Bridge West Span Bike/Ped Path Workshop. See the first design proposals for a bicycle and pedestrian path on the west span of the Bay Bridge, which will provide connection to Yerba Beuna Island and the new east bridge span connecting to Oakland. Officials from the Bay Area Toll Authority and Caltrans will discuss the challenges the project faces and seek public input. If you can’t make the workshop, the designs will be posted on the MTC website afterward. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday: SF Planning Commission Hearing. The Planning Commission will hold hearings on an ordinance championed by Livable City and Supervisor David Chiu to eliminate many parking requirements in downtown, and a proposed 332-unit high-rise project with 1:1 parking at 340 Fremont Street in Rincon Hill. 10 a.m.
- Friday: San Jose Bike Party: The Pajama Ride. Continue the holiday tradition of “riding through the lit up neighborhoods of the South Bay while spreading good cheer while wearing pajamas and sipping hot cocoa.” 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: SF Bike Coalition Annual Holiday Lights Ride (and Potluck). “Get festive” at the SFBC’s “lively, annual two-wheelin’ pilgrimage to visit some of the city’s most stellar light displays. Summon your creative holiday spirit and ring your silver bells, caroling all the way. Bring potluck treats to share at a super special secret end point.” 6:30 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line