Happy New Year! This week, get updated on Plan Bay Area and the Cesar Chavez street project and ride out for the SF Bike Party’s one-year anniversary. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors meets. On the agenda is approval of the agency’s Strategic Plan and 20-Year Capital Plan, an update to the Church and Duboce Construction Project, and more. 2 pm.
- Thursday: Plan Bay Area Workshop. Give your input on the regional planning effort underway to develop a sustainable vision for growth the Bay Area that focuses on transit-oriented development and provides the investments needed to improve our transit systems. The Metropolitan Transportation Commission and Association of Bay Area Governments will hold public meetings in all nine counties, with the first in San Francisco. 5:45 pm.
- Thursday: The city will hold a public meeting to update the community on the Cesar Chavez Sewer and Streetscape Improvement Project. 7 pm.
- Friday: SFMTA Engineering Hearing. Items include several new bike corrals in the Mission and Haight-Ashbury, sidewalk widenings on Cesar Chavez and in the Excelsior, bike lanes on San Jose Avenue, and more. 10 am.
- Friday: SF Bike Party: Birthday Gala. “It’s been a full year since our inaugural ride and we want YOU to help us celebrate this milestone anniversary. So invite your bestie, get ‘em a corsage, get dolled up in your finest formal wear and join us the first Friday of the new year. We’ll be tipping our hats and waving our monocles to some of the favorite party stops as we wind our way through the city of our birth!” 7:30 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.