This week, get an update on the plan to transform Fisherman’s Wharf, speak up for biking and walking funding in the East Bay, and enjoy an evening benefiting Walk SF. Here are the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar
- Monday: The SF Transit Riders Union meets. On the agenda is a presentation from SFMTA staff on its plans to expand SFPark in Mission Bay and the 17th and Folsom area. 6 pm.
- Tuesday: The SF Board of Supervisors meets. On the agenda is a hearing on certifying the EIR for America’s Cup, the appropriation of Prop B Bonds for street repaving and improvements to the SFMTA and DPW, and a sidewalk bulb-out on Mason and Washington Streets. 2 pm.
- Wednesday: Fisherman’s Wharf Public Realm Plan Community Meeting. Join city staffers to get an update and provide feedback on the plan to redesign Jefferson Street in Fisherman’s Wharf as a place for people first that “supports a diverse and active public life.” Two meetings: 10 am and 6 pm.
- Thursday: Alameda County Transporation Commission Meeting – Measure B Reauthorization. East Bay advocates are urging supporters to speak up for increased funding for biking and walking improvements in Alameda County’s Measure B transportation sales tax, which will head to voters in November. Public comment periods are open at 12 pm and 3 pm.
- Also Thursday: Stepping Up: A Benefit for Walk San Francisco. “Enjoy a sparkling reception with wine, hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction, and remarks from special guests California State Senator Mark Leno and San Francisco Supervisor Jane Kim as you help Walk San Francisco make San Francisco’s streets safer and more inviting for everyone.” 5:30 pm.
- Friday: Critical Mass. Kick off your weekend with a ride in the San Francisco-born monthly tradition of reclaiming the streets for bicycles that has spread to cities around the world. 6 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.