This Week: Double Parking Fines, Cesar Chavez, East Bay BRT
- Tuesday: The SFMTA Board of Directors meets. The board will consider raising fines for double parkers and sidewalk riders and hear updates on the Central Subway, Mission Street repaving, the E-Line Streetcar, and the budget. 1 pm.
- Also Tuesday: SPUR Forum: Smart Growth Strategies: a Mayor’s Perspective. Ventura Mayor Bill Fulton, also an author and a principal at DC&E | The Planning Center, ”draws upon his recent experience in Ventura and his influential career in the planning and economic development fields” to discuss the future of California’s sprawling suburbs, the planning challenges we face in the current economic climate, and what planning strategies can we learn from other cities. 6 pm.
- Wednesday: Cesar Chavez East Community Design Plan Open House. The SF Planning Department invites the public to review the latest plans for the eastern Cesar Chavez Street redesign after the city dropped the previous community plan for a road diet. 6:30 pm.
- Thursday: East Bay Bus Rapid Transit Public Workshop. AC Transit holds the first of its series of community meetings to field input on its East Bay Bus Rapid Transit EIR as finalizes the project plans. Check the AC Transit website for more meetings. 6 pm.
- Friday: Critical Mass. Kick off your weekend with a ride in the San Francisco-born monthly tradition of reclaiming the streets for bicycles that has spread to cities around the world. 5:30 pm.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.