This Saturday, the SFMTA unveils proposed designs for the Fell and Oak bikeways — be sure to stop by and show your support to ensure a well-designed and efficiently-delivered project. Also, TransForm hosts a talk with Dr. Manuel Pastor, “one of the leading minds on regional planning,” and the SFPD and the SFBC host a workshop on preventing bike theft. Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar :
- Monday: Oakland Caldecott Tunnel Widening Bike/Ped Improvements Workshop . Caltrans will unveil plans detailing new bike lanes and pedestrian improvements on Tunnel Road, Caldecott Lane and Broadway to lessen the impacts of increased car traffic from the Caldecott tunnel widening. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday: The SF County Transportation Authority Board meets . The agenda includes an update on the MTC’s Transit Sustainability Project, which is aimed at making Bay Area transit both financially sustainable and customer-focused. 11 a.m.
- Wednesday: The SFCTA Citizens Advisory Committee meets . On the agenda are updates on the Central Subway, the spending plan for the new Prop AA Vehicle License Fee Revenue, the Transportation Sustainability Program , and a discussion on how the end of San Francisco Redevelopment Agency will impact projects like the planned Schlage Lock factory in Visitacion Valley. 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: East Bay Bicycle Coalition – Dinner and Bikes . Join Elly Blue, author of Taking the Lane, and Microcosm Publishing founder Joe Biel for “a traveling road show of vegan food and bicycle inspiration,” with short videos and a slideshow about bicycle culture, activism, and the economy. 7:30 p.m.
- More Wednesday: Looking Forward Together: A Conversation With Dr. Manuel Pastor . Celebrate TransForm’s 15-year anniversary with an insightful presentation from Dr. Manuel Pastor, director of the Program for Environmental and Regional Equity at USC, on creating “a new paradigm in transportation infrastructure, land use, and fairness to build better communities and save our economy and environment.” 7 p.m.
- Thursday: Anti-Bike Theft Workshop . The SF Police Department and the SF Bicycle Coalition come together to host a workshop on preventing bike theft in San Francisco. Hear what is being done by the city to fight, investigate, and prevent bike theft, and learn the most effective locking techniques to avoid losing your two-wheeled treasure. 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: SFMTA Fell and Oak Bikeway Project Open House . The SFMTA will unveil a proposed design for protected bike lanes and pedestrian safety improvements on Fell and Oak Streets between Scott and Baker. Stop by, provide your feedback, and show your support for a safer bike connection delivered in a timely manner. 10 a.m to 2 p.m.