SFTRU “Transit Trailblazers” Fundraiser
- Thursday, May 31, 2012 | 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- At the home of Professor Jason Henderson, 300 Buchanan St (@ Haight), Apt #503, San Francisco
- More Info
We’re doing it. The San Francisco Transit Riders’ Union (SFTRU) has only been around for a little while, but we’ve been dreaming big and fighting hard, and we’re already beginning to see the fruits of our labor. Just in the past 3 months, we have seen huge victories in our campaigns for all-door boarding, bus rapid transit along Van Ness Avenue, and a budget that actually puts transit riders first.
But now is a seminal moment for the SFTRU. As we shift our focus toward the organization’s long-term sustainability, we realize we need a whole lot of support to keep this operation going.
On Thursday, May 31st at 6:00pm, please join your fellow supporters of an excellent, affordable and growing public transit system in San Francisco to raise a glass to our past victories and to help fund our bright future. We have big plans for the summer with the dedication of a few passionate transit advocates, but they can’t do it without your support.
Come learn about the SFTRU’s big summer plans, mix and mingle with your fellow transit advocates, and eat and drink to your heart’s content. We’ll provide the food, drinks, and memories if you can provide us with enough financial support to take our organization to the next level so we can continue to fight for the world-class transit system we all deserve.
Come and join us as we:
- Hear from District 5 Supervisor Christina Olague on the importance of public transportation in our city
- Hear from SFTRU Board member Henry Pan on the important work that the SFTRU has been doing
- Hear from SFTRU co-founder Dave Snyder on why your support is so essential to our work and why this is a seminal moment for our organization
Mix and mingle with fellow transit advocates from around the City. Delicious food plates generously donated by Bi-Rite Market. Home-brewed keg of dunkelweizen brewed and donated with lots of love by Hitesh Soneji. Wine donated by various SFTRU board members and supporters.