It’s almost here: Symphony Silicon Valley’s 2012 free outdoor summer music festival. Sponsored by Target, Applied Materials, City of San Jose and KCBS Radio, the Symphony’s 5th annual Target Summer Pops festival brings free professional orchestral music to the community in delightful fully produced lawn concerts on the green at San Jose State University July 28 through August 5, 2012. The festival has quickly become a beloved family tradition, with last year’s festival drawing over 16,000 people and giving out 192 gallons of free ice cream! Click here for the full list of informal, fun, free concerts coming this summer.
All performances held on the green at San Jose State University
- Enter at 4th Street and San Carlos Street.
- Plentiful parking available nearby.
- Bring a picnic lunch or supper and your beach chair.
- Relax on the campus lawn well away from the din of traffic.
- Enjoy the music of summer!
- NEW: Ride your bike to the Festival – Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition provides FREE valet bike parking 90 minutes before each concert until 30 minutes after the concert!
To volunteer and assist with bike parking email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up. Please indicate your preferred shift. Let us know if you have previous bike parking or SVBC tabling experience.