This Friday, BART begins its test removal of bike blackout periods through each Friday in August. SPUR also tours the alleyways of downtown, the SF Bike Party heads to Twin Peaks, and Sunday Streets returns to the Mission one last time this year.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday: SF Board of Supervisors Meeting. The board could finally approve or reject California Pacific Medical Center’s development plans. 2 p.m.
- Thursday: SPUR: The Back Alleys of History. Join SPUR and CMG Landscape Architecture for a walk through the alleys of downtown and SoMa, exploring the “past, present and future of the city’s small urban streets.” 12 noon.
- Friday: Bikes on BART August Trial. Each Friday in August starting this week, BART will test lifting the rush hour bike ban. Study up on what to expect with this BART video, or volunteer to help out with the SFBC or EBBC.
- Also Friday: SF Bike Party: Twins to Twin Peaks Ride. The fame of SF’s Twin Peaks competes only with that of a certain early 90’s TV show. Grab a “damn fine cup of coffee” and saddle up with your evil doppelgänger for a ride to SF’s central landmark on this “twins”-themed Bike Party. 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Sunday Streets: The Mission. Take to the streets on your favorite non-motorized mode of transport along the popular Valencia – 24th Street route. This event is the last in a four-part pilot project to explore the feasibility of holding Sunday Streets in the Mission more regularly. 11 a.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.