This Week: 5-Fulton Workshop and Sunday Streets Chinatown
This week, the SF Bicycle Coalition leads two more bike lane appreciation rides, the SFMTA asks for input on a new 5-Fulton Limited line, and Sunday Streets returns to Chinatown.
Here are all the highlights from the Streetsblog calendar:
- Tuesday and Thursday: SFBC Love Your Lanes Celebration. The SFBC will be in the Mission on Tuesday and NOPA on Thursday for a happy hour and bike ride, taking a spin on some of the bike lanes installed since the bike injunction was lifted two years ago. 5:30 p.m.
- Also Tuesday: 5-Fulton Limited Community Outreach Meeting. Share your input on the SFMTA’s proposal for new limited service on the 5-Fulton, which is aimed at reducing crowding and shortening transit trips during peak hours. 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: SFTRU Talks Forum: Geary BRT. Join the SF Transit Riders Union for a forum on the history and future of Geary Boulevard and the planned Bus Rapid Transit line. View recent survey results and help shape the group’s recommendations to the SFMTA and SF County Transportation Authority. 6 p.m.
- Also Wednesday: SPUR Forum: Creating Bike-Friendly Business Districts. SPUR hosts this talk in San Jose with April Economides of Green Octopus Consulting about how Bike-Friendly Business Districts can enhance the livability and economic vitality of a city. 6 p.m.
- Sunday: SPUR Bike Tour: Take a Spin Through San Jose. Explore some of San Jose’s newest bikeways with SPUR SJ Director Leah Toeniskoetter on this morning ride through downtown and its surrounding neighborhoods. 10:30 a.m.
- Also Sunday: Sunday Streets: Chinatown. Sunday Streets returns to Chinatown for the second time, bringing car-free space to Grant Avenue and Jackson and Washington Streets all the way to the Embarcadero.
- More Sunday: SFTRU Dance Party Fundraiser. Mingle with fellow transit advocates while benefiting the SF Transit Riders Union at a salsa dance party at El Rio bar in the Mission. 3 p.m.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updated listings. Got an event we should know about? Drop us a line.